Welcome New Residents
The following people would like to welcome you to Minnesota Lake, MN, Faribault & Blue Earth Counties
Jeffery Jamsley - Mayor
Lon Stenzel - Council Member
Edie More - Council Member
Joan Proehl - Council Member
Richard Staloch - Council Member
Mike Bammert & Dylan Groskreutz - Public Works
Ben Standahl - Police Chief
Dawn Whitehead - City Clerk
- Recycling is every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month
- Garbage is pickup up every Thursday morning – please have your bin (and bags) out by 8:00 a.m. Yellow garbage bins to use for overflow are sold at the City office on Main Street
- Two yard Dumpsters are available by
Residents may have dumpster up to 2 weeks – minimum fee of $50 and each dump is $50.00.
Museum & Library Hours are Tuesday
2:00 to 5:00 . . . . . . . 507-462-3420
DID YOU KNOW . . .
- No parking on any city street after a plowable snowfall of 2” or more until streets are cleared.
- No vehicle shall be parked upon any street in any one place for a longer continuous period than 48 hours
- All dogs MUST be licensed.
- Only three dogs per residence are allowed. License can be obtained at the City Hall.
- Bring a copy of the Rabies Vaccination when obtaining a license.
Construction permits are required for all outside improvements (except painting). All permits must be approved before construction begins. Please apply for a permit at least 2 weeks before. You can download a Construction Permit here.
Where to Vote
Lembke Building-103 Main Street N., you can register for voting by calling Faribault County Auditor’s Office at 507-526-6213 or you can register the day of elections here in Minnesota Lake. If you live in Blue Earth County, please call 507-304-4341
Call before you DIG It’s the law to call before digging. Call Gopher State One 800-252-1166.
Police/Fire Emergency…911 or
Non-Police emergency 507-462-3555
City of Minnesota Lake 507-462-3277
Excel Energy 800-895-1999
Northwest Natural Gas 800-367-6964
Gas Leak 800-889-4970
Central Farm Service 507-462-3315
Minnesota Lake Tribune - 507-462-3321
City Council Meetings
Meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at the City Office in the:
Lembke Building 6:00pm
103 Main St. N,
(If meeting times should change, notice will be posted on the bulletin board in the Lembke Building Hallway)